Yes, it’s a recipe for salad. I know, how hard can it be to throw together some leaves, fat, and protein and call it dinner? Well the excellent news is it’s not very hard at all, so this is the easiest recipe up here! (Thus far…)
Summer salads are such a delicious and refreshing way to end your day, and this one is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s the dressing that makes this; slightly salty and tangy, it adds a new element without adding a load of empty calories as so many dressings do.
Gluten Free Chicken Salad Recipe
• 1 roasted chicken breast per person
• Fresh tomatoes, sweet little cherry ones for preference
• Salad leaves, fresh cut sweet leaves like little gem and pea shoots rather than strong flavoured rocket types
• Spinach leaves
• Handful toasted pumpkin seeds
• 2 tsps soy sauce
• 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp olive oil
• ½ tsp chilli flakes
• ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1. I don’t think I can drag this to more than a few instructions! Wash the leaves, and slice the chicken breast into 1cm thick slices.
2. Chop the tomatoes into halves, and cut the avocado to similar size.
3. With the cucumber, I like to slice it into rounds, stack it, then cut like a pie into little triangle slices. This isn’t entirely necessary of course…
4. Arrange the leaves (cutting those that are a bit unwieldy) on a couple of plates. Scatter the other cut ingredients on top.
5. Mix the dressing ingredients well, shaking them in a container. Sprinkle over the salad.
6. As a final touch, scatter the pumpkin seeds over and serve!
I promise, harder recipes to follow!
Signing off to eat salad, Halo from the Halo Baking Emporium and Chocolaterie in Moseley, Birmingham UK.